> > OK Don wrote:
> >
> > All the ground connections in/around the house should be
> > bonded - connected together with large low impedance wire to
> > minimize/eliminate "ground loops". Basically keeping them all
> > at the same potential.

> Dan wrote:

> True, but that ground should be at a single point, not multiple
> points.

Multiple rods is okay.  Even multiple points - so long as they are
all only connected to each other and the main service entrance
ground connects to the rod array in ONE place.  I think that is
what Don is talking about.  Especially in low-conductive soil,
multiple rods can be needed.

> Hence the chastising for driving a ground rod at the AC unit.
> That would conflict with the ground that should already exist at
> the service entrance.

A ground rod at the AC unit is fine - so long is it isn't
connected to the power at the AC unit!  It should only be
connected to other ground rods.