On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 03:16:08 +0000 (UTC) Curt Raymond via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

>  You should be able to verify that an IR remote is putting out signal
> by shooting it at a digital camera and watching the screen of the
> camera. What is invisible to our normal eyes poses no problem for a
> digital camera. -Curt

Unless it has an IR cut filter.

When I was in graduate student, a fellow in another lab used a child's
toy video camera to trace where his laser's IR beam, but he had to remove
the IR cut filter to allow the camera's detector to see the beam.

Craig