I have been on statins for probably 10 years off an on with my old doctor.  My old doctor was a quack so I had not been to see anyone for about 2 years and have not taken any for at least a year.  Finally went to new doctor yesterday. He went ahead and gave me a script for them again since it stood to reason if I needed them before I would still need them.  The doctor personally called me this morning saying he got my labs back.  That had me worried since I have never had a doctor call me.  He said not to take the statin because my numbers looked good.  Upon logging in to their website to look at the results my numbers are not really a whole lot different than they were all along.  I just guess this doctor just does not push these pills on people.  For example, my current LDL is 127.  Last time I was tested in 17 it was 140.  I think that I may not have been taking a statin at that time.  The 2 tests before in 14 and 15 were 80 and 67 when I was on one. Before than it ran around 103 to 140.  I guess the new doctor is not getting kickbacks from the drug reps like my old doctor was.

---
https://www.avg.com