Definitely, for more or less regular tools, like 18" and 24" crescent wrenches, big sockets, big allen wrenches, flame wrenches etc. that have multiple uses.   I strongly DISLIKE "special tools".   Even IF you break down and buy one, IF you need it another time, it is unlikely it can be located.   Even so, buying the stupid special tools is often still cheaper than taking it to somebody.   And the likelihood that "somebody" either does not have the special tool or will otherwise screw up the job is HIGH!