Last week buddy Zack shot what he thought was a doe (later turned out to be a
small antlered buck) that was hanging out with two other deer. The two other
deer moved about 100 yards off.When Zack approached the one he shot and
realized it was a buck (he still had a doe tag) he looked the other two over
with his field glasses and realized that one of them was a buck too and popped
it. Tried for the doe but she was smart enough to finally move off.
We figure he's improving the condition of the deer herd by weeding out the
stupidest ones.
-Curt

    On Thursday, December 19, 2019, 8:38:40 AM EST, Mitch Haley via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On December 18, 2019 at 9:03 PM MG via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DYV3N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Some deer just don't seem to care about noises that we think should scare the
crap out of them.
Like deer that mow the grass at the shooting range while you're using the
shooting range.

Reviews range from 'helps some of the time' to 'works great'.
Like the one review says, fleeing deer only care about the danger behind them,
not the danger in front of them.
One time we're driving along in broad daylight during deer season, and a
running doe comes towards the road at a 45 degree angle. Then she sees the
truck, and accelerates so she can cross directly in front of the truck. The
driver (not me) floored it to block her from running into the grille. She went
behind us, but she wasn't happy about it.

Reviews:
This is the third unit I have purchased. I've been using them for years; in my
opinion this reduces the chances of a deer strike by approx. 1/3rd. In other
words, one out of the next three deer that might have wandered in front of your
vehicle will no longer do so. So in a nutshell, definitely worth it if you
drive country roads like we do....but don't get overconfident. Adolescent deer
aren't smart enough to get out of the way yet (as if any deer are
smart).....and if a deer is already on the move....running from a predator or
gunshot....this won't stop it. This device stops the ones that are 'on the
fence' about crossing the road.

I live in an area with a ton of deer. Today i installed the deer alert system.
I drove down the road a
nd saw a small deer on the side of the road eating grass. I can hear the alert
system while driving while coming towards the deer. The deers ears perked up
when i got within 100ft in which i was at about 10mph seeing if the deer is
responding. Not sure if it worked. The deer slowly just walked back into the
woods. Didnt seem like it was rushing to get away from the noise from the
alarm. I gave it 3 stars but im thinking that that deer may have done the same
thing weather i had it on or off. It did however make the barn kittens fly back
into the barn when i drove by them which is good.

I own a pet sitting business in the country and have literally had several deer
run into in my black Honda Civic traveling back roads in the dark. I purchased
one of these, Hopkins 27512VA nVision Trailblazer Electronic Warning Devices,
for my black Honda Civic and have not had a deer run into mesSince purchasing
it. In fact, I have quite fun pulling up to a field of deer and turning it on
and watching them flip their tails up and run in the opposite direction.