On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:58:23 +0000 (UTC) Max Dillon via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> One of the articles I read said that so far, each person has infected 3
> other people, on average.

In nuclear devices, fission is accomplished by each split atom giving off
two neutrons.

A long time ago, I saw a movie where a fellow had a room with a window.
He filled the room with cocked/loaded mousetraps and ran two test cases:

- In the first, each mousetrap had one pingpong ball
    resting on the bail.

- In the second, each mousetrap had two pingpong balls
    resting on the bail.

Each time he held the door open and tossed in one pingpong ball.

In the first case, a single mousetrap would be sprung and throw its
pingpong ball up into the air. When that pingpong ball fell and hit
another trap, another pingpong ball would be thrown in the air. It
was a long time before all traps had been sprung or the ball fell
onto a trap which had already been sprung.

In the second case, the trap springing rate increased very quickly and
the room was filled with pingpong balls in the air. It took only a few
seconds before the action was done.

I wonder if it is now on youtube ...

Craig