I've never had great luck with ice makers. Mostly they clog up and stop
working. The ice maker in my GE started leaking, ruined the floor and
stained the ceiling below before I noticed it. That was about a year
after the in-door water dispenser quit. Design flaw, they routed the
water line too close to the interior and it is prone to freezing up.

Allan