My credit union was originally for the teachers and instructional support
people of our school district. They’re now the largest credit union in Florida,
I believe. We don’t pay fees and have stupid low interest on credit cards, like
6%-8%. Their mortgages are competitive, but like most banks and credit unions,
the process is stupidly slow so whatever you might gain by using them you lose
in the ability to act quickly.

We’ve used a national mortgage broker for the last three home purchases and
they blow through the process like you can’t believe.

Good deals on car loans, too, if I ever needed one. Very competitive and will
loan on “older” vehicles, too.

-D