Living in the Panhandle, I had to cut my way out to the road more than once.
Electric chain saws are great for occasional light use but not for hurricanes,
even if you have power and a fast charger.
A consumer gas saw (like Poulan Pro/Wild Thing) should be fine for emergency
hurricane use but completely drain fuel and run the carb dry before storing.
Also, get a chain file and learn how to touch up the chain.  Just a few strokes
with the file can make a world of difference in cutting speed.  A spare chain
is not a bad idea; you will likely need it eventually.  You can store 2-cycle
oil a long time but the gas must be fresh.  Almost all chain saw no-start and
hard-start problems are caused by stale fuel left in the saw.  Carbs are
inexpensive and easy to replace but that won't help immediately after a
hurricane unless you pre-ordere a spare.