I have that second one.  It's pretty nice.

It is easier to deal with the chain in the field, needs no tools but after some use it gets kinda crapped up with the chain oil and sawdust so it is not particularly easy to adjust, but you can take the cover off easily by turning that round knob off (and you loosen that to turn that thumbwheel to adjust the chain) and clean it up too.  Probably should do that occasionally anyway but of course I never think to do that until I have to...  I keep it in the truck and it is always ready to go which I find quite handy as I use it often.

The fuel and oil filler caps are on the other side, easy to fill.  ALWAYS use the Stihl synthetic 2-cycle oil, I think it has a lifetime warranty on the engine if you do, ask the dealer about that aspect. I keep a 2gal can in the truck mixed and ready to go, the little oil bottles mix 2 gal so when it gets low I fill the can and dump in a bottle of the oil.

It's a nice saw but has one annoying aspect -- the pull rope is not directly engaged to the flywheel, it has a spring the rope winds up then the spring turns the flywheel.  Sometimes it takes several pulls to get it going, esp after not being used for awhile, and since it is not directly attached sometimes the spring doesn't catch well or turn over the engine right.  So you might get a bit of workout cranking it to get it to start, though sometimes it will start fairly quickly.  When new it would start on one pull but after time... but it still starts fairly easily compared to other saws I have had.

It also has a chain brake, you push that guard forward and it locks the clutch so you can start it and warm it up without the chain turning, then release it (pull it back) and the chain will spin.  I guess it is a running safety feature too in case of kickback.  I like that feature as it is safer to start and carry around if it is just idling.

I haven't had any trouble with it, I think I might have replaced the plastic primer bulb but those are a constant annoyance on any 2cycle engine so you probably should buy a couple to keep around for when they crack.

On a related note, I was using my Stihl weedwhacker the other day and it started making a rattling noise then grenaded and stopped, all these bits were rattling around inside the housing by the motor.  I took it apart and the flywheel/fan thingie had completely disintegrated, all the wings on the fan aspect were broken off.  I could see no particular reason for that to happen so it was quite weird.  Maybe the casting failed, something broke off and then that took everything else with it?  Anyway I found a used part on ebay and ordered it, $20 with shipping, should be here in a coupla days.  I hope that gets it going, it is a very strange failure.  I don't know, maybe these things are just limited-lifetime tools and expectation of more is unreasonable.

Buy a set of the carb adjustment tools too (I found a complete set of all the different kinds on Amazon I think, pretty cheap, ebay has them too but shipping from China might take awhile) as at some point you will need to become an EPA scofflaw and Commiefornia felon.  I have a Stihl blower, I finally got that thing tuned up to run well with adjustments, it went off and would barely run.  I guess over time the jets or the needles clog up or something.  I think I have also adjusted the saw and the weedwhacker and they run (ran!) a lot better now.

All that said, it is a lot better unit than the Husq and others I have.  I have an older Husq, maybe 10yo, it was just a constant mess of annoying random issues every time I wanted to use it, the last being the fuel tank pick up hose disintegrated or something, Looked to be a PITA to deal with, I needed a saw right quick to clean up a fallen tree maybe 3yr ago so I just went and got this Stihl and have been mostly happy with it.  I should probably take the Husq to get fixed (I could probably fix it but it annoys me so one of those things to pay someone else to deal with)  and have it for a backup.  It worked OK when it worked but not particularly reliable when I needed it.  I have a chainsaw my dad got when I was like 10yo, a Homelite, a really nice little saw (but minimal safety features) that the same issue happened with the fuel lines and of course there are no parts available for a 55yo saw... Another one for the TODO pile...  And there is one my dad had, I think he might have bought it at an auction ages ago, I used it a coupla times but it was a running PITA too, I don't even recall the model.  It's sitting in its case too...

--FT