On 2020-09-17 22:25, Max Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
So you need a signal generator that varies the signal to call for more
or less cold from the compressor?  Sounds like a raspberry pi project,
with a simple dial and maybe a display to show the signal (I'd make
the display go from 1 to 11).

The fun would be combining it with ACC if the car still has functioning ACC.

Easiest I can think of is an AC power knob that you set manually, and let the ACC handle the on/off function. For instance, if the power is set at 50%, the compressor gets 50% duty cycle when ACC asks for clutch engagement and 0% when ACC doesn't want it.

Or you could give it its own ACC via Pi or Arduino.
In A/C weather turn the factory ACC to Minimum, and with a shaded temp sensor maybe up by the mirror, program it to do something like If Temp >= set temp+4, set PWM to 100 until temp=set temp, then switch to maintenance setting of 40%. Every two minutes, increase or decrease by 10% if not at set temp. If temp isn't 4 degrees too high at startup, run maintenance from the beginning.

It's possible (maybe probable) that the new compressor is way too big for the existing condenser / evaporator, and peak PWM should be less than 100%.