On 16/09/2020 4:28 PM, Clay via Mercedes wrote:
Randy, the zombies are all wandering about with masks on their snoots.   I
watched my parents get put on and taken off medications for over 40 years.
Initially, the drugs were hailed as miracles. Then, a few years later, the
results come in and the doctors are concerned with the negative impacts, so,
“here, try this wonder drug instead”.   Last time I chatted with my
nonagenarian mother, she tells me she wished she had not taken all the
medications and had quit the stuff he GP was pushing for her current issues.
Figured there was nothing that chemistry was going to solve with nine decades
of wear living had built up.

We need to keep our old cars on the road.  Hope you are driving that 240D

clay

It is a 300D but I have hardly driven it at all this summer. It has a few issues and I have been slow in addressing them. I did have 5 new tires installed on this past Sunday. The old tires had tread but they were OLD. I never tried to look at the codes on them but I have had the car for about 14 years and they were on it when I got it so I was beginning to feel like I ought not to trust them at highway speeds.

I have the part but have still not installed the fuel shutoff solenoid so I have to open the hood every time I want to stop the motor. I also need to change the oil, coolant and ATF. Probably a few other things I should be doing on it too.

At least the brakes looked pretty good when I had the wheels off on Sunday.

RB