Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:

> Actually now that I think of it I realize some of the scumbags across
> the street are driving cars on VT plates. I wonder if they're avoiding
> MA taxes by doing that...

People in IN used to do that with IL plates. Maybe still do. IL charged
a flat fee for registration, whereas in IN there's an excise tax based
on the value of the car. So registering a new or valuable car in IN can
be hundreds of dollars, every year. In IL it was like $35 flat fee last
I knew. No idea if they've changed that, but given the financial
disaster that is the state of IL finances, I would not be surprised.

Reminds me I need to renew all my plates in October. Since all my cars
are old and not worth much, it's not too bad.

Allan