Working on my fathers 98 e300 doing routine maintenance. Noticed the belt
tensioner was cockeyed. Typical. On this car the tensioner was loose with the
PO and he I believe used some lock tight and tightened it back down. The
threads were somewhat stripped out. I was aware at some point it could become
an issue. When I removed the bolt it was tight, not loose so I’m sure the
tensioner is just worn out. When I go to replace it I don’t think I’m going to
be able to crank down on it like normal.  It appears the first half of the
threads are stripped so it’s just grabbing with the back half. Think I should
clean it up real good and used either red or blue locktite? What about JB
welding it? What about running a tap down the hole to clean it up? Anybody know
what size it would be or if that would even work?  See photos and video below.

https://youtu.be/cWiG0ihny0M

Sent from my iPhone