Mostly short trips in the Golf? Angie's '03 makes plenty of heat but not for
the first couple miles. My '15 makes excellent heat and pretty quick but I
think its got the extra injector running to heat the engine up faster. Fuel
economy suffers in the winter, even worse than you'd otherwise expect.

My '98 had good heat but took a long time to get there, like 5-6 miles of
driving before even a whiff of heat would come out. It took a good half hour
before that engine was all the way warmed up and pumping out heat. Fortunately
the cabin was pretty small so it warmed up pretty quick.
-Curt

    On Sunday, November 29, 2020, 6:34:58 PM EST, Peter Frederick via Mercedes