Tanks are qualified by either the DOT (consumer tanks typically 100 gallons or
less) or AMSE (no requalification required.)  My 500 gallon tank is an ASME
tank and essentially a lifetime tank. It’s got an anode that can be replaced as
well as the outside being coated and wrapped with specialized materials to
protect it.

-D