We’ve always owned our tanks for just that reason.

Our former house across the street has a 100 gallon tank buried in the front
yard.  Right after we moved in the LP supplier that filled and supplied it to
the builder sent us a bill for the monthly tank lease payment.

Nope.

In the bill of materials for the adder that covered all of the LP system
installed in the house was a 100 gallon underground tank, related piping, etc.,
etc. We paid for that adder (around $800, I seem to recall.) When we told the
LP supplier we owned the tank, they said no. We went to the builder and pointed
out that we paid for the tank as a part of the adder based on the contract.

“But all of the tanks we supply are leased.”

"Nope. We paid for this one, it’s in the bill of materials. Contractually, it’s
ours. Builder shall supply…."

Builder had to buy out the lease for the tank. Lesson learned.

-D