Understood, but also consider that checks are being made against the voter
registration records as well, so it’s not just a matter of signatures. I agree,
I’ve never been comfortable with absentee/mail in ballots for that reason. I
can’t say I sign my name in a consistent manner, so what I sign one day might
not exactly resemble what I sign today. That’s a concern for me.

-D