Good data point.  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitch Haley via Mercedes
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2021 7:39 PM

On 2021-07-31 18:16, Scott Ritchey via Mercedes wrote:
> Maybe I need a peak-reading ac ammeter.  That's probably the only way
> to know.  Or maybe I can find some data online.  My generator has no
> problem running the water heater (which is totally unnecessary) but
> that's a pure resistive load.

I don't have broad experience here, but a 3kw generator hardly notices a
9000BTU Fujitsu inverter unit.
Before I obtained a proper 20A HACR breaker, I ran my 1.5T traditional split
unit (with 3 wire hard start kit) on the 15A fast blow breaker that had
previously served the Fujitsu. No problem running the 1.5T with a 5kw/11hp
generator.