My new pickup has no tactile buttons for radio presets which is irritating. At
least it has knobs for HVAC...

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 9:03 PM, mitch--- via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:   If I'm understanding Karl correctly, my hate for the touchscreen crap
has multiplied tenfold.
Having to take my eyes off the road and focus on a tactile free screen
to do anything is a safety hazard.
What pisses me off to no end is when my Chevy puts up a long paragraph
of verbiage on the screen, and requires me to hit the "OK, I actually
read all that bullshit while driving" button to bring the radio display
back up. What's all the verbiage? A warning to not read the damn screen
while driving!!!
Makes me want to drive into a tree just so I can sue GM.

But aside from the aforementioned horribly unsafe safety warning, I can
live with the Chevy. The channel preset buttons are big, you can
eventually learn approximately where they are, and you're better off
using the buttons on the back of the steering wheel to just jump up/down
the channel list anyway.

Having to negotiate levels of menus while driving makes me think the
best use of the Tesla would be to puncture the batteries, throw it off a
bridge an enjoy the fireworks when it hits the water.