Agreed. You really have to have the right space for them and place them
properly. There’s a guy who lives close to me that has trafficked in planar
speakers of all flavors who I connected with at the time (he still does it, I
see his stuff on FBM occasionally). He gave me a lot of good advice and even
came by the house one day to make suggestions on placement. I really didn’t
have the space for them, but we got them sounding pretty good with a little
tinkering. The sound “space” you get out of them is amazing. There’s no
comparison with paper cone speakers.

That and they don’t do much for the low end, as well as requiring some serious
wattage to work. If you’re looking for theatrical surround sound that shakes
your seats they’re not the choice, or you augment them with a subwoofer.

-D