> If you’re looking for theatrical surround sound that shakes your seats
> they’re not the choice, or you augment them with a subwoofer.

Several good speakers can be described that way, including the DCM Time Frames
I use in the listening room.
I have a bi-amped (through a Richter Scale crossover) subwoofer to handle the
lowest octave.  It dates from the
early eighties, and is rarely turned on.  As is the stereo, these days.

Our main listening, now, is through the AppleTV and the Panny plasma TV.  I
tapped into its speaker
drivers years ago, and have a pair of Radio Shack Minimus 7 speakers hooked to
it.  Those are, and
always were, surprisingly decent for their size, availability, and price.

Sidetrack: most covers of classic songs suck.  This is one that I think is
considerably _better_ than
the original:

4:20Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence [Official Music Video]YouTube · Disturbed4
minutes, 20 seconds · Dec 8, 2015
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjF8YLh85D8AhUSFjQIHaMMC34QwqsBegQIChAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Du9Dg-g7t2l4&usg=AOvVaw08atYuoRB0evl-S-yW7olt>

-- Jim