no such thing as a broken clock.....it's always correct 2 times a day.

On 8/2/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Intermittent clock function CAN result if even one of the Phillips
> screws in the instrument cluster is not tight. The ground connection is
> made by the pressure that the screws apply to the PC board buss. That
> has happened in several of my 201s. Beating on the dash sometimes
> restored function - at least temporarily.

That could do it.  The clock runs whenever I'm in the car, but will
often be wrong when I get back into it the next day.  And it may
also be marginal capacitors, I'm just going to have to dig in to
fix it.  Unfortunately I find removing a 201 cluster a real PITA.
And I think the suspension woes come first.

-- Jim