I'm _so_ happy our new weenie-roaster (1W microwave transmitter into
a 24 dB directional antenna) is working.  Zero user-level problems with
it so far, and speeds of 400-1200 kbps.  Even though the ISP rearranged
their antennae so that _none_ of them point our way.  While scanning,
we were picking up home wireless nodes several miles away, in addition
to the access point we were after, and some others we weren't.  (There's
a reason I turn ours off if there's nobody here with a wireless device.)

Amazing what $600 worth of free networking gear can do for you. Of course,
I _did_ make his $2000 AC bill go away, since we've filled his Axxess
with $7 worth of secret sauce instead of doing what the clip joint
wanted to do.

-- Jim