From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Levi Smith
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 8:00 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Rust at jacking point 83' 300D

I guess what's most interesting to me is that it seems to only be this one
point.  The others seem fine.  I do have rust around the rear fenders, and
some minor bits elsewhere but this is the most major structural looking
I've
seen yet.

As long as the engine holds out Perhaps I'll just have to add a tube frame
to it and end up with a MBZ go-kart...

Levi

On 4/20/07, Tom Hargrave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Serious rust at the jack points is usually the beginning of the end.
> It's a sign that there is serious cancer elsewhere. Each jack point are
> built strong enough to lift 1/2 the car and if you can no longer lift
the
> car then what lesser parts have been weakened?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Hargrave
> www.kegkits.com
> 256-656-1924