Levi,

Inboard from the jackpoint there is a square frame member that is quite adequate as a jack point. I've used that to position jackstands under the front end in the past.

Make sure you position the floor jack under the "level" portion and not where it rises. Don't want it to slide!

On my (no gone) 116 300SD, rust repair was done on the rocker panels and jack points. The repairer just fabricated a rocker panel that had NO access to the jack point. All surrounding metal was sound. After that, I carried a small floor jack for on road tire changes. None ever needed.

Hope this helps and be careful......

Chuck
Phoenix AZ