To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Rust at jacking point 83' 300D

I run into that problem quite a bit.  I have several cars now that are
probably not worth fixing yet the bodies have no rust.  I hate crushing
cars that have no rust with their only problems being bad paint, bad
interior, bad engine, bad electrical etc.  If they have 1 or 2 redeeming
qualities I will save them, but if everything is bad but they have no
rust, I usually part them.  Wonder if there is a market for shells of
cars, IE, no doors(or maybe doors if a person wants, no interior, no
electrical, no suspension.

Tom Hargrave wrote:
You can always use a roll around jack. Just remember, as metal goes away so
does strength. I would not want to be involved in a serious accident in a
car with serious corrosion problems, even a Mercedes. There are too many
rust free bodies out there - I bet that even Kaleb could provide you one at
reasonable cost.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com