From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Luther
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 12:35 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] OM603 camshaft installation

Anyone have experience installing camshafts?  I can't keep mine at TDC when
I'm tightening it.  I've tried tightening in these orders.  7,4,3,2;
2,3,4,7; 7,2,4,3; and 2,3,4,7,7,4,3,2 etc.  I've tried all those patterns
twice; the first time tightening the right bolt first, then the left, and
second time tightening the left bolt, then the right.  Yes, I am tightening
all 8 bolts 1 turn before going through the sequence again.   I've been
working on it nearly 2 hours this morning and cannot get it to hold TDC.
Advice?  TIA all.

--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark
'87 300SDL (272,xxx mi) head case