I'm sure I wasn't off by a tooth since I had lightly scribed marks on the cam
sprocket and chain right at TDC.
Tom's suggestion of using the cam sprocket to move the camshaft worked.  Cam is
on and I can continue on with the reassembly.  Thanks for the help.

Luther

--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark
'87 300SDL (272,xxx mi) head case