Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:12:18 -0400
From: "Gary Hurst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] my $78 pawn shop kirby throws fire but keeps on
 vacuuming
To: "Banned List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  "Mercedes Discussion
 List"
 <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>

my mother is coming to visit, so i figure it's time to bust out old
 kirby
and go over the carpet a bit.  kirby has always been loud, but tonight
 he
simply screams bloody murder.  i smell a little burning smell.  and
 then i
see some spark and flame inside the motor housing.  but as it keeps
 sucking
up dirt, i keep vacuuming.  i do this for another minute or so and then
realize that what i am doing is insane.

now i've heard here that kirby's are really not that good and they are
pure ripoff, etc.  i've heard it all before,  but i'm still impressed.

guess i'll need to take it apart this weekend to see what has gone
 awry.