In a message dated 10/16/2007 8:59:21 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Couple  of people I know have been happy with cars they bought  from
Enterprise.  I've also heard horror stories about the things  people do
to rental cars.  Any opinions?

Allan,

About 15 years ago, we rented a nice Mitsubishi Diamante from Enterprise  for
a 25 day vacation trip.  My Cherokee was in the shop after a major  crash and
the insurance company paid for the rental.  We drove that car  12,000 miles,
some at speeds over 100 miles/hr.  I DID change the oil, on  my own nickel,
about half way through the trip, as I didn't know how many miles  were on the
oil before we got the car.  I often wondered how many miles  showed on the
odometer when it went on the used car lot, cause they sure  couldn't make much
money at $20/day, unlimited mileage.

New cars now have oil change programs built into the PCM and will tell you
when it is time to change the oil.  I suspect a used rental car may be a  good
buy, unless it has been wrecked or submerged.

Good luck,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 264 K miles