Yeah I was thinking pretty much along those lines, myself.

Minivan is the subject of my search.  Only thing that gives me pause
is a story a co-worker told about how they rented a Grand Caravan and
proceded to load it up with 7 adults and camping gear enough to have
the springs nearly flat, then drove it around in the mountains about
1,800 miles in a week.

I'd guess *most* minivans would not get that treatment, however.  I do
agree about the low end econo cars.

Allan

Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Funny as I was driving my rental car into Burbank today I was thinking
> about this.
>
> My theory of the moment is that if you were buying a nicer car it
> would be fine. Econobox, forget it.  Econoboxes get rented, mostly I
> suspect, by younger people that kick the crap out of them. A nicer car
> that would more likely only be rented by more responsible adults would
> probably be okay.  Witness the Civic I had some 3 years ago that I
> picked out because the paint was trashed. I proceeded to royally
> thrash it for a week. Great car, I really liked it.  Today I have a
> Malibu that seems to be a decent car but I have no desire to go out
> and really flog it.
>
> My Aunt has a Volvo she bought from a rental agency, she's had
> terrific luck with it.
>
> -Curt
>
> Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:58:45 -0400 From: Allan Streib
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: [MBZ] OT: would you buy a rental car?
> To: mercedes@okiebenz.com Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Couple of people I know have been happy with cars they bought from
> Enterprise.  I've also heard horror stories about the things people do
> to rental cars.  Any opinions?
>
> Allan
> --
> 1983 300D