On Dec 3, 2007 5:17 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Marshall was exceptionally vocal on K&N air filters being unnecessary  (and
> less efficient) because of the excess air flow designed into our  diesels.
> That may have been what got him banned by Jamie.

Well, then Jaime was in the wrong.  K&Ns are junk not just for diesels
but also for the majority of gassers.  I always cringe when I see a
car with a carefully designed cold air induction system (like most
modern BMWs, for example) replaced with a K&N drawing hot underhood
air instead.  Why do so many people who would never install any other
kind of "ricer" accessory believe the hype on those things?

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.