Yup - though I had to do that when I put the Olds V8 in the MGA.  I
keep hearing that drive shaft shops won't balance MB shafts - what if
you asked them to balance each half separately - then it wouldn't
matter how they are aligned when you assemble and install them.

Getting the "right" gen head and associated connection circuitry is
what I haven't figured out  --

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK