----- Original Message -----
From: "John Robbins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Knock on wood... 300D

> archer wrote:
>> Then I went home and thought about it.  For the $25,000+ a Prius would
>> cost,
>> I could turn the '83 300D into a like-new car and have plenty of money
>> left
>> over to buy  the extra fuel a Prius would have saved.
>
> Or if you were wanting a new car anyway, spend less than 25k for a
> loaded Jetta TDI (some of the 2005 Passat TDIs are less than 25k now).
> You still get 45mpg, but without all the hassles of a Prius (batteries,
> etc).
> John
That's an idea.  The reason I was thinking about a new car was because of
the warrantee which would cover the car on out-of-town trips, and because;
being a new car; it would be less likely to break down with minor or major
problems.  I read someplace that VW wouldn't be selling any diesels in the
U.S. until around May '08 because of pollution equipment issues.

Thanks, John.

Gerry