Interesting - We've owned one new car in the 30+ years we've been
married, and take at least a 4000+ mile trip every summer. The only
time we've had to stop and have a car repaired was on the new car (the
Plymouth van), during it's last six months of warranty - fuel pump
died on I-90 at the MN/WI border. The old MBs have never let us down.
YMMV.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK