Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 22:25:27 -0500
From: "dave walton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT, computer supplies
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Everything coming out now is Sata. It uses one cable per device so you
don't have to worry about Device ID's or Master/Slave configuration.
Even CD/DVD players and tape backups are going Sata. It used to cost a
premium, now it's the cheap one. Making a PC into a Tivo-like video
recorder is pretty straightforward. Getting them to do HD is right at
the limit of the current processing power. You don't need a quad-core,
but you do need a dual-core. But that's only because Windoze
(especially Vista) is a hog and needs one core just to keep track of
itself.

-Dave Walton