Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 20:19:16 -0500
From: "LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT, computer supplies
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Hi Dave,
Thanks for putting that parts list & info together - it's often
 tempting to
buy a bunch of parts that have good prices but as not very compatible.
  Sure
they work, but it can end up being a Yugo with a Ferrari V12 - where
 one end
is great but limited by the other end.  Compatibility is critical to
 get
speed.

One question - is SATA the way to go?  Also I haven;t kept up with all
 the
new stuff - don;t really know what to look for.  Should I be trying to
connect my digital Cable TV to a computer - to save programs etc?  Is
 that
more that they can do?
 Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong?

Anyway, thx again -- I hope others pay attention.  WHile there;s lots
 of
components available it;s importat to  have them work together -

Thx -
Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net