"Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In my mind, we should strive to be totally blind to race. This would
> define the lack of racism.

I agree with you but I think that it is just part of human nature.  It
is human nature to identify with groups, and view with suspicion
anyone not in that group.  This happens with race, class (poor
vs. rich), religion, language, geography, anything you can point to as
"different".  It is as old as history.  And politicians actively
exploit this flaw in our collective character to create "us against
them" reasons to engender support.

So rather than try to achieve a world where no prejudice exists, it's
probably more realistic to recognize it in ourselves and others when
it happens, and try to look past it.

Allan
--
1983 300D