So my computer that I have been having all the trouble with, I built it in
01.  It was pretty top of the line then, amd 1.6 processor, something like
that, 7xx meg ram.  i beefed it up pretty good and it has run great 24/7
since.  Have had to replace a few power supplies but other than that no
problems.  Current problem is of course software related, but thinking
about either replacing its hard drive and start from scratch, them moving
over what I need, or just buying a whole new computer, wiping out the
vista crap, and install XP.  Office depot has this on sale, look like a
POS?  Seems cheap:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/109410/T3646-Desktop-Computer-With-AMD-Processor/

If I go with a new drive, mine is ATA, but I see SATA looks like now, will
these SATA drives work with my ATA controller or will I have to find a ATA
drive?