You need a SATA controller to use SATA drives. All the current
machines that have SATA also have an ATA or IDE connector on the
motherboard for use with cd drives. That will allow you to connect
your old disk to copy stuff over. Any current machine you buy will be
64 bit. You might as well load an x64 version of windows since
Microsoft has yet to come out with any upgrade path from x86 to x64.
Soon, you will only be able to get x64 versions of Windows. Neither
Intel or AMD are making any more x86 CPU's - except for specialty
dedicated controllers.

As a side note, Small Business Server 2008 will be released only as an
x64 version (Exchange 2007 is x64 only). Anyone running SBS now will
need to do a complete reinstall to move to SBS2008. There is no
upgrade. They bumped the Premium version of SBS2008 to run on 2
servers and are coming out with a new product called EBS2008
(Essential Business Server) that will run on 3 (standard)  or 4
(premium) servers.

The only drawback I see on that eMachine is a limit of 2-gig of ram.
These days, that's not much and may not be enough to run the next
version of Windows. Personally, I'd go with an Asus M2A-VM and an
athlon x2 6400 dual-core cpu. They are dirt cheap now. That will play
HD and Blu-ray on you nice TV. The motherboard comes with an OEM
version of CyberLink. You need that to play high def and costs more
than the motherboard is selling for now.

-Dave Walton