Chuck Landenberger wrote:
> elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the
> Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of
> people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per
> day.   For more info Google S. 2433...
>
> In my opinion, it's an attempt to get the world to like us by
> "sharing" our wealth.  And it is due to be managed by the UN, that
> does not have a stellar record on financial management nor getting
> the "stuff" to the people that need it.  .

You could also accomplish a lot of this with birth control (voluntary...
not China style).  Not all of it can be done that way, but providing
free birth control would certainly help.

Besides, the only reason 99% of us have the wealth that we do is because
we were *lucky* to be born on US soil.  If you were born elsewhere and
worked twice as hard, you would probably not even have close to the
amount of wealth you have here.  There are folks who have earned the
right to that wealth (ie, the folks who defend our country), but the
rest of us (myself included) are just lucky.

My $.02

John