Another response about the 1000SEL, this one from a friend of mine in
Germany who worked for Daimler-Benz for many years....

Take care,

Chuck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Chuck,
Bei solchen Fahrzeugen habe ich Angst, weil sie vor allem fuer den
arabischen Golf modifiziert wurden.
((Translation:  With such vehicles I have fear, because they were
modified particularly for the Arab gulf.))
I am not feeling at ease with this type of optical modifications.
The car on ebay looks good, but any way I would like to discourage
you going forward with this project, because you cant cheque this
vehicle before making a decision.
When I saw in Paris at that time – 1985 - the 1000SELs and others,
the owners,  princes and gangsters from the gulf have not been
serious people, everything was show.
Please be careful,
Mit herzlichem Gruss
Wolfram