Neal Tringham wrote:

> (I actually posted this message a week or so ago, but I haven't seen a
> reply and I've noticed that the header was malformed for some reason -
> it both sent and copied the message to Mesa-Dev.  So I'm resending it in
> case it didn't actually get sent out by the list.  In any case, help
> would be appreciated.)

Sorry, I haven't had time to investigate and reply to anything but
simple questions lately.

I wish more people on this list would help with problem solving.

> Neal Tringham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
> >        On a vaguely related note, I'm still getting occasional problems
> >with red to blue colour swapping with Mesa 3.2 on Banshee and Voodoo 2
> >cards (only, as far as I can tell, and quite trivial problems compared
> >to what used to happen), so I'd be grateful if someone could point me in
> >the direction of the lookup table that I think has been added to fix
> >this problem since Mesa 3.1.
>
> Actually, I think I may have found the tables now, assuming they're the
> FX_PixelToR (G, B) ones near the top of src \ fx \ fxdd.c.

That's it.

>  However,
> what I haven't been able to find is where they appear in the write paths
> (my problems are with writing out coloured lines and coloured debug text
> using glBitmap rather than with reading).  I can see where they're used
> in fxDDReadRGBASpan and fxDDReadRGBAPixels, but I can't find any
> equivalent calls in e.g fxDDWriteRGBAPixels.

The span-writing functions use the LFB_WRITE_SPAN_MESA macro which
is conditionally defined for RGB vs BGR order.

AFAIK, the RGB vs BGR problem was only on pixel read-back, not
writing.  If we indeed have to write different pixel formats depending
on a runtime condition then the code is broken.

I don't have a Banshee card to test with.

-Brian