On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 07:22:10PM -0700, Brian Paul wrote:

> I wish more people on this list would help with problem solving.

I have hacked together my first Mesa and Glide patches in the past
week, so hopefully this will change. We're also thinking of hiring
someone specifically to deal with Mesa issues, so perhaps that makes
you feel a bit better.

Daryll (time permitting) and I are looking at the fog and visual
blemish with trilinear filtering problems... but wading through the
fxfasttmp.h macros has been really unpleasant. I'm thinking about
rewriting the build system for the FX driver to output .c files from
the .h macros using cpp or some such. This will allow gdb to figure
out where things like fx_view_clip_tri_RGBA_TMU0 are actually defined
and allow others to debug it more easily.

If there are any docs out there on digging into the Mesa source, I'd
be interested in seeing them. Perhaps I could help write something
about the FX driver from what I've learned...

Rambling,

m.

--
Programmer                         "I wrote a song about dental floss,
Loki Entertainment Software         but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?"