Brian Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 3.2 will be wrapped up and released as soon as I find and fix a few
> more specific bugs.  Hopefully within a week.

Great! We will concentrate on using the 3.2 sources for our release
stuff since that will sync up well with us. We may have other bug
fixes that we want to contribute back also.

> > My current CVS
> > stuff is a version of the Mesa 3.1 development tree, and I want to
> > have the ability to work with both the 3.1 development tree and the
> > 3.2 release tree.
>
> There is no 3.1 tree/branch.  The sources were tagged when 3.1 was
> released.  It's done.  3.2 is the stabilization of 3.1.  That
> means no new features; only bug fixes.

Right, I did not look at the version I am using but it is currently
Mesa 3.3 ;-)

> > How can I sync up to the 3.2 release tree with CVS
> > (I am not that familiar with CVS; I need to brush up on it again ;-).
>
> When you do a check-out or update use the -r (revision) option
> to specify the mesa_3_2_dev branch:
>
>       cvs update -r mesa_3_2_dev
>
> The default, main trunc has the Mesa 3.3 sources.  There's been a LOT
> of changes from 3.1/3.2 to 3.3.  3.3 is used for the DRI project.
> That's where new development happens.

Ok. Is it possible to sync up to *both* branches, so I can have the
3.2 sources in one directory and the 3.3 sources in another? I would
like to help work on 3.3, but we need to stick to 3.2 for the time
being until we release the product.

> > and do the people who have write permissions
> > previously still have write permissions to CVS?
>
> No, as I wrote this morning you'll have to get a sourceforge login
> and send it to me so I can add you to the project and enable CVS
> writes for you.

Ok, I will go do that.

Are there now two Mesa 3D development lists, the original one and now
the SourceForge one? Wouldn't it make more sense to simply have one
list?

Regards,

|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |