Hanno Böck wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 16. Januar 2007 19:38 schrieb Keith Whitwell:
>> Could anyone who had issues with the old CVS vbo branch please try again
>> with the new vbo-0.2 branch?
>
> Would like to, but could you write some short howto?
>
> Questions I'd have:
> * Which cards benefit from it atm?
> * In-Kernel-drm-modules ok or git-drm? Or anything else?
> * anything else that needs updating to use it? Driver? Xserver?

This is primarily a code cleanup within Mesa, drivers will benefit from
it on a case-by-case basis as they begin to take advantage of the code.

More important are the questions of whether this breaks drivers with hw
tnl, like the radeons.  We know it *does*, but the split functionality
gives the driver writers a chance to fix that now.  I guess that's who
I'm most interested in having take a look at this.

Drivers that just use software tnl should be largely unaffected, but of
course it would be good to confirm that, as the code will get merged at
some point not too distant hopefully.

The changes are all within Mesa.

Keith