On 08.12.2009 16:49, michal wrote:
> Roland Scheidegger pisze:
>> On 08.12.2009 15:55, michal wrote:
>>
>>> This branch simplifies pipe/p_format.h by making enum pipe_format what
>>> it should have been -- an enum.
>>>
>>> As a result there is no extra information encoded in it and one needs to
>>> use auxiliary/util/u_format.h to get that info instead. Linking to the
>>> auxiliary/util lib is necessary.
>>>
>>> Please review and if you can test if it doesn't break your setup, I will
>>> appreciate it.
>>>
>>> I would like to hear from r300 and nouveau guys, as those drivers were
>>> using some internal macros and I weren't 100% sure I got the conversion
>>> right.
>>>
>> Looks nice, though it is unfortunately based on pre gallium-noblocks
>> merge, so I suspect you'll get a conflict for almost every patch chunk
>> at least in drivers if you try to merge it...
>>

> I didn't touch pipe blocks -- I left the pf_getblock* and friends in
> pipe_format.h intact.
Yes, but you're bound to get lots of conflicts because you replaced for
instance pf_format_get_block with util_format_get_block whereas that
stuff is removed from master because pipe_format_block (and the
block/nblocksx/nblocksy variables in pipe_texture and pipe_transfer) are
gone completely.
I quickly tried a merge and there were conflicts in over 40 files - from
a quick glance though they should be trivial to resolve. And I don't
think there's too much hidden stuff which won't work any longer - just
let util_format_get_block die and it should probably work out ok.

> How severe is the gallium-noblocks change? I would like to avoid mergin
> master into this branch.
It's not really that severe, it just touched a lot of the same places in
drivers this change does.
btw, I also avoided merging master to feature branch when I merged
gallium-noblocks, and instead fixed up conflicts on merge to master (and
adpated stuff which needed changes later). Is there some policy for this?

Roland