> From: Phil Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 22:08:10 -0700
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Simpler way to retrieve the names of a sub group?
>
> To make sure we're solving the right problem, could you please
> describe elaborate on which groups you want to identify?

I was hoping to be able to get the names of the groups on the card ( I have
3) not not all 16 groups that exist nested within these first groups - but I
guess you can't.

> Or, another approach:
>
> put (the groupnames of this card) into tGroupList
> filter tGroupList with "x*" -- assumes target group names all
> start with "x"
> repeat for each line tGroupName in tGroupList
> -- code goes here
> end repeat

Thanks for this I'll look into a naming scheme, although I'd hoped to be
able to create group objects which I could paste onto the card, or within
another group. In order to do this I would want to be able to know the names
of the objects that a group contains, find out the names of groups that
belong to the same object and so forth.

This would be a lot easier if "the groupnames" worked like "the
directories". It does! I've just checked and while:

    1) put (the number of groups in this card) = 15 -- ie every nested group

    2) put the number of lines of (the groupnames of this card) = 2

Interestingly (even though 2 backgrounds are placed on the card):

    3) put the number of backgrounds of this card = 0 -- ???

While:

    4) put the number of backgrounds of this card = 4 -- the number in the
stack.

But alas!

    5) put the groupNames of group "Read"

Does not work as it is only a card property (feature request Scott?).