On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 05:54:53 -0700, Kevin Miller wrote

My offer was to continue to support your capability to keep your IDE up to
date by making it possible to continue to integrate engines and new features
if you chose to do so. To that end we provided complete details of what is
required to update your standalone builder to the keeper of your IDE when
last requested a long, long time ago (over a year at least).

I did not offer to write the MC IDE for you and such an offer would not have
been welcome, we already maintain an IDE, this is your IDE which is open
source. It is down to those that maintain MetaCard to keep it up to date.

I'm sure the current keeper of your IDE can verify this, and that
consequently your statements are quite unfounded.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ ke...@runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
LiveCode: Compile-free coding, the faster path to better apps

Hi Kevin,

I certainly did not request nor expect you to write or maintain the MC IDE for us.

I think the group of MC IDE users is aware that maintaining and adapting the MC IDE is our responsibility alone. Richard has made that especially clear again in a recent post, but it has been our understanding ever since.

What I was referring to were the changes made not long ago, which now require a slightly different way of integrating a new Rev/Livecode engine. Until then, we just could take a new engine, possibly needed to rename it, and simply drop it into the folder of the MC IDE and it would work immediately. Now we need to prepare a specific folder structure before a Livecode engine will be accepted as a working part inside the MC IDE. It took some trial-and-error and some members of our group to figure out how to do this. The routine is now more or less established and can be looked up in writing for reference when it needs to be applied with a new engine. No big deal, of course, a minor nuisance only - and once you got the changed folder structure it may be as easy as before to simply drag a new engine into the MC folder - unless of course another change for the necessary folder structure takes place.

What I was thinking of was that it may be not a big deal for you, too, to return to a simpler way of just dropping the engine into the IDE (possibly by leaving out specific folder structure references in the Livecode engine?) or an otherwise simpler procedure.

Concerning the new MC standalone builder the issues will have been solved with the new version.

I think - in this sense - my statement was not quite unfounded when I asked you

Could you possibly do something about this and facilitate these processes of integration for future versions of Livecode? This must not be too difficult.

I ventured to ask this question as I thought that it would require only really minor efforts from your side to accomplish this.

Kind regards,

Wilhelm